Saturday, February 5, 2011

SOP sample for Finance

MSc Finance from Newcastle University is an ideal fit for my ambitions because of the overall academic excellence, emphasis on corporate finance, and the industry-oriented environment. Exposure to the financial services industry in the UK will provide me a great opportunity to apply my acquired theoretical knowledge of finance. I plan to capitalize on these strengths as they relate to my interests.

My passion of mathematics and electronics led me to choose Electronics & Communication Engineering as my undergraduate major. After completing my graduation, I went on to do my PGDM in Finance and Marketing. I have always enjoyed and been strong in areas that require problem solving, analytical and mathematical skills. I am anxious to combine the knowledge of, and aptitude for, these skills with my interest in finance. Finance had always fascinated me right from my undergraduate studies. Engineering Economics and Management, a 3rd year undergraduate course, aroused in me a keen appreciation of the discipline of finance field. Motivated to learn more, I took short courses in Accounting, Finance and Business Management.

I have also passed various financial exams such as Financial Market, Securities Markets, and Derivative Markets exam conducted by the National Stock Exchange of India. During my PGDM course, I undertook Internship in International Tractors Ltd, wherein my topic was “Supply Chain Financing” for customers and dealers of ITL. I am a regular reader of the Financial Times, Times of India and PC World Magazine, enjoy keeping up with current affairs and business news. I actively participate in recreational activities including debate and sports competitions as well.

To achieve my career goals, I need to learn much more about current developments and techniques in finance, financial markets and financial applications and acquire hands-on experience of financial analysis. A Master’s Degree in Finance from Newcastle University, UK will provide me with theoretical understanding, an in depth idea of practical approaches in aiding managerial decision-making and research skills to enable me to develop an expertise in the core areas of financial strategies and global corporate financial operations. I would like to probe specific problem areas such as the application of quantitative analysis to understand various issues in global finance and improving decision-making and effect of increase in global communications on international finance decisions. My interests are Capital and Derivative markets, Corporate Finance, International Capital Budgeting, and Foreign Exchange Markets.

I want to build my existing skills with a degree in MSc in Finance from Newcastle University, UK. My initial goal immediately after the course is to obtain a rigorous, demanding and rewarding position in this profession. I hope to gain practical corporate experience in areas such as capital management mergers and acquisitions, risk management, pricing and sales strategies for stability and maximum returns on capital. To this end, I would also like to gain knowledge in the fields of investment analysis, financial planning, strategic finance, international finance and global financial markets during my postgraduate studies in the UK.

2 comments:

  1. Writing your personal statement... The personal statement is your opportunity to sell yourself in the application process, and it generally falls into one of two categories - A comprehensive personal statement - This allows you maximum freedom in terms of what you write and is the type of statement often prepared for application forms. writing a statement of purpose for graduate school

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOP Help is an indispensable resource for anyone navigating complex processes. Whether in academia, business, or healthcare, a well-crafted Standard Operating Procedure can streamline operations and ensure consistency. It's the guiding light in the labyrinth of tasks.

    ReplyDelete