Tuesday, November 19, 2013

SOP Sample Fisheries Science

Free SoP sample for Fisheries/Marine Science Students

From my senior college I had a potential interest in the field of biological sciences. Therefore, I consciously pursued through various competent channels and earned my Bachelor of Science (Honors) in Fisheries and enrolled for Master of Science (MS) degree in Fisheries Management. My undergraduate years helped me to develop a comprehensive view about the interdisciplinary relationship among various fields of biological sciences.

During my undergraduation studies I felt very much interest in the field of aquaculture, fish nutrition, fish breeding and hatchery management. Referring some good books to lucidify my basic concept about these fields proved out to elevate my interest more in the particular field. We have theoretical as well as practical courses on Aquaculture, Fish Nutrition, Fish Breeding and Hatchery Management etc. By virtue of this course work I gained lot of theoretical knowledge as well as practical skills like dissolved oxygen, temperature, pH, salinity, and other chemical parameter readings.

My project work during my final year of undergraduate course was on Fishing Gears. The title of the project was “Fishing Gear Use In Meghna Estuary in Chandpur Region, Bangladesh”.  I also worked with two other students to gather habitat quality measurements to determine habitat suitability of different reaches of the stream (about other publcation). We would determine the current populations of each reach by using electrofishing. To monitor and evaluate the success of this program the same procedure was repeated the following year.
At the time of my undergraduate study i was awarded Fauzia Matin Memorial welfare Trust Scholarship. I was regularly involved in sports. I have got several awards in verious field of sports from my university. I am also a regular blood donor. I have attain several training program on Fish Breeding and also on computer and internet program like ms-office, website making etc.

After completion of my undergraduation studies I immediately got a chance at Mohammad Ali Fish Hatchery, as a pertime Field Assistant. As a Field Assistant, my duties are to concentrate in and around the fish ponds to monitoring water quality parameters and also to the fish breeding.
 In the light of my interest, the rich curriculum of Graduate Program in Aquaculture coupled with the knowledge about latest scientific approaches and techniques would be an excellent option for me to develop myself as a scientific researcher. Moreover, this program offers a wide range of courses on the field of aquaculture that would certainly be helpful in my future field of work and research.

I must mention my involvement as a student of the Department of Fisheries and Marine Science; I need to develop myself through higher education and modern research techniques in the field of aquaculture. After completion of my proposed masters program in Aquaculture, I am interested in living at Chandpur where I can concentrate in future research on Meghna Estuary and my job in a local hatchery.

Having more interests in Aquaculture, I strongly believe that T.A/R.A in graduate program in Aquaculture at Ghent University will provide me the right opportunity for my intellectual growth as well as to achieve my career goals.
Yours faithfully

Md. Abubakar Siddiq


Must be add
1. About publication

2. Extracurricular activities

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for this sample. I am working on my sop right now and found a great advice about statement of purpose writing. Something about how you should write a story and not jus a statement of purpose and this sample is an awesome example of this rule!

    ReplyDelete